Digital Humanities Initiative
The digital humanities are concerned with humanities questions through digital means, such as digital archives, tool and algorithm building, large data set visualization, 3-D modeling of historical material objects, social media analysis, multimedia and multimodal exhibits, born-digital publications, narrative video games and search and discovery digital tools.
The vision for the Digital Humanities Initiative is to imagine possibilities with ASU faculty, staff and students by:
- Consulting directly with faculty about their ideas and projects.
- Building communities and networks of interdisciplinary scholars.
- Developing digital public humanities projects.
- Identifying research funding for the advanced development of projects.
- Developing workshops and events on digital humanities topics.
The Digital Humanities initiative at the Institute for Humanities Research is a feminist, anti-racist and inclusive space.