Geospatial Data Tools in Humanities Research
As the use of GIS/geospatial tools burgeons, especially with regards to decision-making, scholars in the humanities are beginning to focus on the social contexts and theoretical issues surrounding the production, circulation and representation of geographic information. Within this emerging body of work there is an emphasis on the adoption of GIS/geospatial tools for public participation and research.
- Search for hashtag #geoinst on twitter.com for related tweets.
- Geospatial One Stop (GOS) Portal
- UVA Geospatial Scholars Lab - The Scholars' Lab caters to the digital research and scholarly analysis needs of faculty and advanced students in the humanities and social sciences.
- Frontiers in Spatial Humanities Video from the the UVA Scholars Lab/NEH Institute for Enabling Geospatial Scholarship held May 27-25, 2010
- Research Projects
- Funding Opportunities
- News & Events
- April 11th, 2013 The Ian Fletcher Memorial Lecture featuring Regenia Gagnier
- April 5th, 2013 Technologies of Imagination: Fifty years beyond Man and His Future
- April 2nd, 2013 Donald Johanson, Finder of Lucy fossil puts evolution on display
- March 28th, 2013 Telling Imaginaries: Places, Histories, and the Global
Give to the IHR
Invest in humanities research. Find out how your contribution can help.